What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has this photo been altered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles19

Hi,
Abit of background. My friend had a one night stand with a girl who said she is on contraception and is now claiming she wasnt and the girl is claiming she is pregnant, she is demanding money and he is very worried, there are alot of things that dont add up thought. I think the photo looks photoshopped, just looking for opinions
The shadows look off for a photo that is taken straight on and the difference in color on the screen seems off
Screenshot_20220226-193030_WhatsApp.jpg

puraidodes

It is very hard to say from this image. Is there a good quality image of this? There are many images that look similar even in google search results. But couldn't say for sure.
And as @[ iLLuSioN ] mentioned why is there a date 2021?

thebestcpu

Guru
@Charles19
A couple quick items that bring into question your post without further explanation
@[ iLLuSioN ] already mentioned the screen shot with a Nov 22 2021 date (6 months ago)
The internal file information indicates that the image your provided was created Feb 26, 2022

These appears to be a very old issue and unfortunately, that smacks of a troll post or someone is pulling your leg.

That said, the image is a highly compressed JPEG image and I could find no indication of manipulation. Straight on shot does not matter for shadows in the camera flash was off and the lighting was from the side.

And an important note: Paternity is not determined by a 6 month old pregnancy test photo by looking for image manipulation. There are legal and medical tests that can drive this to proper closure (if this is not a scam). If extortion is thought to be involved then that is a police matter as well.

Just my opinion btw

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Paternity is not determined by a 6 month old pregnancy test photo by looking for image manipulation.
Exactly! Absolutely correct!!!! Paternity would need to be proven by DNA.

Be advised and tell your "friend", that a screen shot of a photo taken on a cell phone is irrelevant and does not matter at ALL whether or not the image was edited. The only time anyone (your friend) should even remotely consider stepping up to such a claim or financial responsibility would be after paternity was proven beyond the shadow of doubt!

I'm moving this thread to the proper forum and closing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.