What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Retouch Having trouble cleaning image for possible enlarged Canvas print

Raycaster

Hoping to enlarge kids image to look decent for a 20" X 30" canvas print.

This image was taken over 20 years ago and re scanned for touch-up.
I am usually pretty good editing images but the purple fringe around the kids is driving me crazy.
I'm pretty happy with the original overcast bland colours but maybe they need some punch.

Any help very much appreciated.

Attachments

• KidsScanned.pdf
    16.6 MB · Views: 14
Can you scan the picture with a flatbed scanner? It seems sharp on the left, but blurred on the right...

If it has been scanned, please repeat without the frame (otherwise the photo will be out of focus of the scanner).

I can have it scanned again. It was scanned out of frame but did have a matte border taking the photo less than a mm off the bed.
The original image was shot with a 5mp camera many years ago and the print is 11 X 13 now.

Cleaned up somewhat, sharpened somewhat, vignette reduced somewhat, purple fringing/CA diminished somewhat, flair reduction somewhat.... straightened and cropped

I think it doubtful; a rescan will alleviate any major issues and even gaining some resolution will not help much, if any, given it will be printed on canvas.

Attachments

• Kids Beach Scan_4b.pdf
    27.7 MB · Views: 7
Just looked at retouch ex_teacher. Awesome. It was originally shot on a "high end" Canon 5Mp camera many many years ago.
I may just get the picture scanned again if anyone else wants to take a shot but really, the retouch looks perfect already considering it is going to a canvas.

Again, thank you very much.

Back