What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello all

bgoodman4

My name is Barry and I have been using PS for some 20 years. I use it in conjunction with a CAD design program to design and produce custom jewellery. As such my use of PS is somewhat unconventional. Pretty well all of my PS work is with 16 bit grey scale images. These are called height maps by the folks who work with these things as each shade of grey represents a different height from the 0 plane (the bottom of the model being made). In short I know a lot about manipulating shadows and highlights using PS. I hope to be able to share some of my insights with others and to learn as well.

Nice to have you here bgoodman...

Hope to see you and some of your work around the forum.

Welcome, Barry. I would definitely like to see some of your work. The use of height mapping sounds very interesting.

Thanks for the welcome,

rufinatti, I would post a link to a u-tube video I did of the process but I read in the rules that links to other sites are not permitted to me yet, maybe later after I have done my 8 initial posts.

Inkz, I will post a few in the near future

I have a question about the general forum. Yesterday I had made a post and it had to be approved by a moderator. It took in excess of 15 hours to receive that approval. Today I tried to begin a thread in the general forum and it too has to be approved. Could someone give me some idea how long this will continue before I can post without requiring approval?

Back