What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello! How do i get this effect/ how is this edited

HemaELLA

i'm trying to reach the same feeling in editing as in these>
but not getting there.. what am i missing? how do you get this artistic effect?

the first picture is the one im trying to edit..
Thanks to anyone who can helpIMG_0550(1).JPG

473543.jpg5.jpg

You could try playing with a combination of using the photo filter on the filters menu and the color look up on the same menu. These are available using the filter icon at the bottom of the layers panel not through the filter menu.

There are a load of actions out there that will give you similar effects - some of them free. If you want to learn how it is done perhaps try downloading some actions and then stepping through them to see how the effect is achieved. Have a look at the free "Instant Hipster" action on this page 35 free Photoshop actions

Cheers

John

This is done with:
- Color adjustment layer for yellowish highlight
- Hue/Saturation and selective color correction for color changes
- Curves for reducing contrast and match the black tones

View attachment 79537
Thank you for the explanations, i have tried something similar but still havent been able to reach the same vivd colors and mentain sharpness of the model despite of the filter.. Thanks though for taing your time!

You could try playing with a combination of using the photo filter on the filters menu and the color look up on the same menu. These are available using the filter icon at the bottom of the layers panel not through the filter menu.

There are a load of actions out there that will give you similar effects - some of them free. If you want to learn how it is done perhaps try downloading some actions and then stepping through them to see how the effect is achieved. Have a look at the free "Instant Hipster" action on this page 35 free Photoshop actions

Cheers

John

Thanks, will take a look at these actions,
I actually asked the artist who did this and she said she just did photo coloring and filter..

Back