What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Hey guys I am still fairly new at photoshop and I was wondering if photoshop was a good place to create characters. If you have any other recommendations I would greatly appreciate it

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

I was wondering if photoshop was a good place to create characters.
Well....(my guess is YES)........depends on what type of characters your referring to! What do you mean by "place"? Place to start?

Care to give us an example?

Hello and welcome to PSG.

Well....(my guess is YES)........depends on what type of characters your referring to! What do you mean by "place"? Place to start?

Care to give us an example?
Yes, I do mean a place to start. Or a good program to use. I have been wanting to write a couple of novels and I am a visual learner so i need to “bring characters to life” so I can see them to describe them better

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK..............Character drawings? Paintings? What kind of characters? Examples?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
May, as an avid painter myself I can attest that there's absolutely no doubt that Ps is the best software for these types of renderings but it's not the only one. If I did not have access to Ps I would go with Paint Tool SAI and then Krita.

However, let me clearly state this................if you are not an artist who has experience painting with real paintbrushes, then none of these programs are going to help. You have to have the underlying skill in order to paint with any digital instrument. If you can't draw and paint a character like your example with a analog pencil, brush and paint/medium.....................Ps will not serve as a magic tool to allow you to be able to paint if you don't already have artistic talent. Your will be wasting time, effort, and resources.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great! Looking forward to seeing some of your work here in the forum!

Guns up!