What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help an Archeological Study right now

Mimolette

Hello,
I have to work on drone-collected images, mainly of fields, and enhance them to make them clearer. As an example, a wall buried beneath crops will deprive them of water, resulting in them being not as green or not as tall as the others. The problem is that such difference can be very small, and the image comprehension might be blurred by another problem:
parasitc stripped lines, like the ones left by a tractor in a field, or the wind on a desert of sand. And here comes my question: is there a tool in photoshop to smooth out the shading of such lines, intelligently? like draw a vector with your mouse, and the shadows of those lines get lighter?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

is there a tool in photoshop to smooth out the shading of such lines, intelligently?
Not sure. We would have to see and example of these lines. Can you share a photo?

SMOk3

Power User
This one was on the UK news this morning, demonstrating how the dry-spell we are having is revealing unknown archaeology.
Is it something like this you're wanting to enhance? Or as Sam asked, can you post an example please.

Fig 5_8 nmr_23092_06.jpg

Mimolette

It is the sort of archeological proof I am looking for, and already indentified. But the terrain is far more wet, and such difference can only be seen with attention as it is a very slight variation of color. Hence my need to erase the visually parasitic lines of the crops. I can't publish the exact photo as it is protected until published.
c0da9b1eb453cc4dd9a46757c1cb1e1e.jpg
Mod Edit: Please post all images directly to the forum.

It is like if you had to remove the striping of that field to make sure you do not misunderstand any of it for a remain. I know it is possible with a professional soft that I don't own... I was wondering if by any chance the same think existed in PS.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
If your talking about removing the lines created by the tire tracks of the farm equipment, then cloning would be the only way to "cover" them up. This would be deceptive since the cloning process uses a clone source adjacent to that of which is being cloned away. So it's only copying one area to cover another and this would defeat your purposes if your trying to depict what's actually there.

I've removed the lines in lower left corner with the Clone Stamp Tool.
Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 1.48.25 PM.png

It's very possible that I'm not understanding your question.

revnart

Power User
Maybe I don't understand completely.. but you want to find something like this:
question.jpg