What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help converting 2d to 3d

anytime732

hi there,

this is my first post here, so forgive me if i miss any details out or if this is in the wrong place.

I have been given the job of making this 2d imagepic1.jpg look more 3d.

I thought it would be nice an easy to wrap this around a 3d object but the the absence of any model i havent been able to find anything remotely human like to wrap this around.

My goal is to make this photo look much more realistic and 3d. i wouldnt mind being able to create something like this... 2.jpg. as you can see they look a lot more like you could just try them on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I think you will find that the second image (3d) was created using 3d templates of the clothing. You could try something like Map displacement and puppet warp to convert your image, just tried it, not great but it kind of worked.

Maybe try and find some 3D models of tops and go that way.

Ok, so easiest is to just get a 3d model, and then lay your pattern on top of that
if you don't have that option, take a 3d looking picture of a shirt with he same shape, put it in grayscale
then place your image on top of it on layer mode: screen

If you cant find a 3d looking picture of a shirt, you can just start with a blank canvas, put your image on screen mode on top of it, and start making shades with a soft brush to make it look 3d.
here is the result of 2 minutes doing that:
3d shirt.png
If you spend more time on it, you can make it look propper 3d

Back