What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Enhance This Photo

douellette

Hi all,

This car was involved in a hit and run. I tried to enhance with my basic knowledge of photoshop, but no dice. Is it worth pursuing? Even if I can get partial digits. Anyone think they can help?IMG_3561.jpg

20200805_172132.jpg

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is it worth pursuing?
Hey. Just being honest, it's not worth pursuing. TV has led most to believe that bad photos can be reconstructed easily. While there are some complex algorithms used by law enforcement, Photoshop is generally not capable of these types of reconstructions without creating or "making up" pixel information.

A photo is comprised of captured pixel information. The photo is dependent on the resolution of the camera. If the pixels are not present, then they have to be made up or created.
This photo is basically a lost cause. There's simply no information to work with.

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.41.23 AM.png

thebestcpu

Guru
I got about the same result as IamSam. Not clear the enhancements added any real clarity or not (the mind sees what it wants to see sometimes).
The original implies that this may have come from a video. Always possible another frame had a better capture.
Hope you get a break in the case
John Wheeler

Screen Shot 2020-08-06 at 8.14.10 AM.png