What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[HELP] finalizing a billboard in photoshop, saving on .eps and then converting to pdf

AlexBrazil

Hello, I am working on a project, and heard that the advertising agencies, they save the project. Then convert eps to pdf with acrobat distiller, which it puzzled me is that the file is small, with high quality, I received a file and saw those who use the minimum proportion of 48X16 cm for billboard, my question is how to configure the output in photoshop eps and how to configure the output in pro pdf distiller, to get a high quality file for printing presses.
'm Brazilian I'm using google translator.

Thanks!
:banghead::eek:

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Re: [HELP] finalizing a billboard in photoshop, saving on .eps and then converting to

Hi AlexBrazil,
I have an idea that the files they are using are vector based files and not created in Photoshop. Adobe Acrobat maintains vector data when saved to it from a vector based application such as Adobe Illustrator. An EPS file can contain both types of files, vector and pixel based. If your doing work for a billboard, I hardly think Photoshop, which is essentially an image editor is the appropriate software. You need to be working in Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw IMHO.

I will add this though. I have Perfect ReSize 7.5 which used to be Genuine Fractals. I watched a YouTube video on the program and they took a 300ppi image that was about 15" wide and enlarged it a 1000 times. It was a massive file size, and took about 10 minutes to process on a professional computer, but the quality was unbelievable. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzMS8D58q9Q
I have not used it for anything like that but it worked great on the ones I have done. So the point is, if you made the file in PS it is conceivable it could be enlarged in theory. Just how practical that would be I can't say depending on how you could deliver it. You can buy the Standalone version for about $60.00.

Last edited:

AlexBrazil

Re: [HELP] finalizing a billboard in photoshop, saving on .eps and then converting to

ALB68 understand, look, working with illustrator and photoshop together, or integrated, already got what I wanted and I'll explain how to billboard, the minimum size for shipment to graphical is 48X16 CM in this high 300 dpi, my files were getting huge, because I was saved the pdf directly from photoshop and it lost a little quality then the advertising agency decided to help me :) Converts to the project. eps preserving vetore, remembering that the source should be curves, when saved in eps, vc creates pDF through distiller with high print quality, ready to graphically will increase to 9000 X 3000CM and will be high, taking into account also the distance vision. below a pdf file ready for printing. a file of 60 mB .EPS was the conversion to 7 PDF.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rj9b41

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member

Good, sounds like you got it sorted out.