What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for charity website

connections

Hello all,
I am in the process of starting a website to sell things for charity. I am doing this on my own time and dime. I am hoping one of you may be able to change the words on the puzzle pieces to "Connections for Charity" in the same font that is currently being used. Thank you for your considerations.puzzle-vector-background-design5.jpg

Last edited:

Confestium

This royalty free stock image appears to be from 123rf..

Do you have a license to use it? Might be better to recreate something similar from scratch.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi and welcome to PSG. Since this is for a charitable organization, I suspect people will respond quickly to your call for assistance, but realize that we are spread out in time zones over the entire globe, so give enough time for everyone to see your request.

Some questions / thoughts:

a) By any chance do you have the original photoshop file for this graphic?

b) If not, please look around and post the highest resolution (largest number of pixels) version of the graphic that you have. If this is the largest, pls. let us know that, as well.

c) You do realize that the replacement word, "connections", has many more letters than the word it is replacing, "profit". This means that we either have to hyphenate it and put it on two lines (which won't look very attractive), or decrease the font size (which will decrease visual impact and readability). Is there any shorter word that can be used?

Tom M

Tom Mann

Guru
This royalty free stock image appears to be from 123rf.. Do you have a license to use it? Might be better to recreate something similar from scratch.
Good point, Confestium. I hadn't noticed that.

If they currently live don't have a license, another option for the OP would be to simply purchase a license for use of the image through 123rf. This would prevent their organization from having possible copyright issues in the future. Also, if you are not familiar with licensing terminology, "royalty free" does NOT mean that the users of their images don't have to pay -- it only means that you only have to pay once, not on a continuing basis.

Tom M

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I made everything so it shouldn't be in any copyright violation...............sort of. :eek:

PuzzleLogo_02.jpg

Last edited:

connections

Good point, Confestium. I hadn't noticed that.

If they currently live don't have a license, another option for the OP would be to simply purchase a license for use of the image through 123rf. This would prevent their organization from having possible copyright issues in the future. Also, if you are not familiar with licensing terminology, "royalty free" does NOT mean that the users of their images don't have to pay -- it only means that you only have to pay once, not on a continuing basis.

Tom M

Thanks. I was unaware of any of this.