What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP IN MASKING TO A SHAPE (I think)

DARYL LEE

Hello Everyone
I have done Photoshop for years and pretty creative at it....but never got Masking done (and I think I need that here - but I could be wrong).

I want to have a photo of a person popping out of a rough shaped image (see sample provided)....but I want to burn the shape of the mans photo to match the shape of the rough paint stroke edge.

That's it - is there real simple way of doing that part please (or) a video tutorial I can snoop at to show how to do in easy steps. Provided my sloppy attempt at it...but cant get that perfect painted edge look.

THANKS IN ADVANCE: Daryl

man.png

paint stroke.png

rough IDEA.jpg

Attachments

• FILES.zip
    833.2 KB · Views: 4
but I want to burn the shape of the mans photo to match the shape of the rough paint stroke edge.
Hello and welcome. Please explain what you mean by "burn" or provide an example.

I think I see what your asking.

You just need to create a selection of the paintstroke. I used "Color Range" to do this.
Then use the selection to add a layer mask of the paintstroke to the mans image layer and adjust with the Brush Tool.
Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 12.03.39 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 12.04.51 PM.png

Hey thank you for contacting me......yeah, 'burn' was my way of saying it fits into snuggly into that exact shape on edge.

Now as I mentioned - I have never masked before. May I ask can you this: Do you know a great video link that you would recommend showing me the how do Masking.....then I will take it from there. There are so many on Youtube and you might know the best one for me in this matter.

Many thanks again for your help in this - Daryl

Sure..............take a look here:

I will add new tutorials later.

Thank you and will get to it....never did masking - but now a good chance to learn! Best wishes: Daryl

No problem! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Back