What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP!! It Seems as if I dont know what I am doing.

Chillin

I have three images I am having troubles with. Color accuracy wise.
I have tried many times to get the color to show the same blue I see on my comp screen and on the internet. But I am at such a loss.

If someone could please help me out, I'm in a major crunch right now....

With my luck it will show up here the incorrect color. It is coming up on the web as a purple, whereas my PS document is blue.....I dont know what to do....

*EDIT* damn....It wont let me attach images to this post..... :(| :(| :(| :(|

I guess I will have to add the images...

TopBanner.jpg

Rightside.jpg

*note please ignore the small tiny object that just doesnt fit in the last image....I thought I took it out [saywhat]

Hey chillin...

Yup, they's poiple alright.

My guess is that your colour profiles are not setup in PS.
Either that, or your monitor is not calibrated correctly.
Or very likely... you're working in CMYK and saving to RGB, or vice versa.

For your profile, try one of these, or both:

1) Aqcuire an ICM profile for your monitor from the manufacture's Website, install it, then in PS set your colour prefs to use that as its colour space.

2) Setup your profile to use the Adobe sRGB option as its colour space.

Hey Erik? You have anything to add to this? I may have missed something. :B

Thanks Mark. I am going to try that when I get back home....the wierd thing was I never experienced this problem before (to my recolection)

Ya no doubt Chillin...

Sometimes though, you forget to reset the MODE type when creating a new doc. It always remains on the setting that the last doc used -- which btw is a reDICulous thing for Adobe to have made the program do by default.

Most times when i've copied & pasted an image into a doc, it gets converted to a Mode other than RGB. I go to create a new doc and don't realize/remember that this has been done. Not until i try to use a filter or something. DOH! [doh]
What a hassle! [confused]

I always turn color managment off when I design for the web; works for me :)

Back