What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP logo design NOOB

jonny246800

Hello GURUS. I'm a super NOOB in photoshop but the important thing is that I'm willing to try and learn. I'm wanting to design a logo for my t-shirt business. The logo is going to be a university type of school crest, but it should portray the meaning of the business. The website is called funny college tee.com which pretty much explains why I would like the type of logo that I want. I have an idea of what I want the logo to look like. I like the shape of the "shield" but what i like the most is the color and I think in photoshop it's called style, for that old fashioned type of university crest look. I hope you guys can help me. I'm sorry if a similar topic has been previously created in another thread.
View attachment 10676
pencil.png

jonny246800

Welcome, Jhonny246800...

Is this a free job or a paid for job?

I'm not asking for anyone to design this logo for me I'm just asking for some help from the gurus. I want to design this thing on my own, just need a little help that's all.

Hi jonny246800

Try uploading your picture or sketch, to see what you have in mind, so we can clearly see what you need, and we can give you some ideas on how to get your logo done.

Let us know what you want to change for your logo, or is that it?

Are you designing the shirts? Or just printing them? If you need some design ideas, let me know. PM me and I can e-mail you some.

Agent

jonny246800

Thank you for replying agentmoeller, and also thank you for being so willing to help me out. What I like about the crest is the shape of the "shield" and I also really like the old feel it has to it, as in the layer style I believe it's called. I would like to use a similar shield and on the inside of the shield I would like a small shirt depicted and also a "joker" that a king would have in the old days, not sure what the proper name for such a servant would be but they just basically entertain the king and wear that funny hat. A profile shot of the "joker" in one corner of the shield a tshirt in another corner of the shield and maybe fill in the other two corners of the crest with something that would typically be inside of a crest like a lion or something. On the bottom of the crest I would like a scroll that looks similar to that one so I can add my own text inside of it. I also like the "wheat" plant on each side of the crest. Overall I would like an old school crest design that a school like Harvard would use but with my shirt and joker inside the crest. I hope that kind of helps you visualize what I'm looking for. I tried doing it myself and I can't get the layer styling right, as in how old school that purple looks. I'm trying to put it all together but I'm a noob at this. As far as your tshirt designs I'd be happy to check them out agentmoeller

I believe your looking for a "jester." Google that word and see the picx that come up.

You can see some t-shirt designs at my website, agentmoeller.com, but if you want to see more send me a PM with your e-mail.

Agent