What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help me with the Mixer brush

baccene

Hey everyone I need a little guidance here. So I've seen countless tutorials on the mixer brush and how to sample an area, then using heavy dry use that sample to create beautiful work like trees etc.

My issue, however, is when I click alt to go and sample part of an image, it just gives me the eye dropper tool and all i get is a color value. I'm trying to sample an area, but all I get is a color. In the tutorials with the mixer brush people are able to hit option/alt and the curser turns into the one that you get when sampling with the clone stamp tool. I'm not getting this. I'm only getting an eye dropper.

Thanks so much for reading.

Hello and welcome to PSG.

You need to reset the tool.
Choose the Mixer Brush Tool from the tool bar.
Right click on the tools icon located in the upper left hand corner.
Choose "reset tool".
Screen Shot 2018-06-02 at 5.27.59 PM.png

If this does not work, reset Ps preferences. Press-and-hold Command-Option-Shift on a Mac or Ctrl-Alt-Shift on a PC, while you start Photoshop. As you start the program you will get a pop-up dialog asking you if you would like to delete the settings file. Click yes.

Thanks for the welcome! I appreciate the help. Resetting the tool did not work, but reseting the preferences did. Thanks again.

Your welcome, I'm glad it worked.

Back