What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help printin in photoshop

knight2255

Everytime i try to print this it comes out way too big or way too small. I put the measurements of the cd jewel case in the print window in both mm and inches and still no luck? what do i have to do to make it fit??

383996_5192413062081256698_vl.jpg

tranquil222

Power User
I would like an answer to this too. When I print, the measurements I enter in print with preview are never the same as the actual page that I print out. I don't know why. }P

knight2255

the picture is 2.75 megs when i downloaded it. When i open it up in photoshop it says 66.7%(RGB), the resolution is 11.024pixels per inch, the height says 51.254 inches and the width is 72.571 inches. A front of a standard cd jewel case is 12.5 cm wide by 12 cm high. the back is the same height but the width is a lil longer to wrap over the end piece where the cd case cover pivots. its lenght in cm is 14 cm. thanx

wbiss

Guru
knight2255: the picture is 2.75 megs when i downloaded it. When i open it up in photoshop it says 66.7%(RGB), the resolution is 11.024pixels per inch, the height says 51.254 inches and the width is 72.571 inches.
[confused] Well, roughly translated, that's approximately 9"x6" at 72 ppi!

66.7% happens to be your default screen view knight. Simply go to View->Actual Pixels to see the full on-screen size. Or double click on the zoom tool ;)

Firstly, if this is an image that you've downloaded, you're not going to get better than 72 ppi which may not suitable for print. [confused]

If you go to the image dialogue box and change the ppi from 11.024 to 72 (make sure to uncheck the 'resample box'), you will see the document size/dimensions change accordingly. These ratios are relative - the more ppi you assign to a print, accordingly the print dimensions will decrease. The actual file size remains the same but the end result is that you will be packing more pixels into a smaller area, thereby obtaining a better quality print.

Ideally, you'd want at least 150 ppi for home printing and if you were to change the resolution to that, your print size would be about 4"x3". Get it? Play with these settings and see the relationship between ppi and print dimensions. ;)

Disregard the upper part of the dialogue box which is only intended for web viewing.

Go ahead and print the 72 ppi file... perhaps you're happy with the quality for your purposes?

Shaun

You could do a test print to find out how much bigger or smaller the image is compared to what you want, and then use the print options percentage to adjust it to what you want. (Unless the "print options" bit only applies to the Epson inkjet I use).

namvet

Power User
Shaun wrote:
and then use the print options percentage to adjust it to what you want. (Unless the "print options" bit only applies to the Epson inkjet I use).
... in PS7 if you go to File (top menu bar) and then go down the drop down menu until you get to 'print with preview' .. left click on 'print with preview' and a new menu appears which gives you the choice of changing the printable image size either by percentage or by measurement (size) .. I think that might help you ... image below is part of the 'print with preview' menu .. good luck .. let me know if this fixes the prob :)

Rantin Al

Guru
The image is not the right size for a CD Case. It comes out at 12cm x 17.41cm.

Your image needs to be 12 X 26.5 to fit a standard CD case.

the image you downloaded is for a DVD case.

Sorry, Al