What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Remove background and convert image to outline

Vees19

Is there anyone out there that is able to convert this JPEG image to an SVG? I need the outline of this image so I can laser engrave it.

Ive tried in illustrator and on some online free websites to get the outline of this image but it’s distorting it for me and giving me a really bad image.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

B978C071-774C-44E2-91BD-98F1FD97870D.jpeg

There's just not enough detail in this image - Attempt to isolate the outline are so fragmented and noisy that the results would be useless for engraving.

Where is the image from? Is there any possibility of obtaining a hi-res version? I've done some reverse image searches but found nothing comparable.

Hi @Vees19
Very tough image to start from.
The other issue is translating from you say in text, "outline of the image" and exactly what you have in your mind.
I just tried a semi-automated approach by increasing the size of you image in Topaz Gigapixel, then in Photoshop filters Find Edges, Dust and Scratches, the threshold, select the outline, create working path, convert to Shape and export as SVG.

Doing a lot better could be done with a not insignificant manual work yet only ending up with what is in my mind of an outline and not yours.
Examples of what you want as an end result would probably help steer forum members to a better rendition.
Hope this helps
John Wheeler

Here is the link to the SVG file: SVG File Conversion

Here is a PNG version with background transparent

Convert-to-SVG.png

Back