What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Replace One Colour With Another

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosworth69

Hi,
I'm trying to change the groves in the leather material below from black to blue (sample of the blue also below). I can't figure out how to select just the black grooves in order to change their colour or find a tutorial regarding the issue. Any edit would be much appriciated.

Many Thanks,

1605082437099.pngLeather_A_HM.jpg

Dennis1507

I tried masking out the dark areas. Then put your purple color layer under it. It turned out looking almost black. It is the requested color. It shows up if you zoom in. The second image I attempted to increase the purple color intensity to bring out the desired color in the overal image. Let me know if this is what you had in mind.

Leather_A_HM_1.jpg

Leather_A_HM_2.jpg

Babine

Guru
I used light and dark selections to start and used these as alpha channels to apply your colour; various luminosity masks and curves adjustment layers for contrast and saturation.

Recoloured.jpg

HuckinFell

Applied a "Photocopy" filter, used "Select by colour" tool to select and delete the white and then colourised the remaining lines to the desired hue.

I then laid that network of blue lines over the original image and tuned the opacity down and they saturation up to get this result:
1605615035008.png

Status
Not open for further replies.