What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Batch Automation help to creat an action for batch processing

diebmx

Hi there

I'm new here and I hope you guys can help me with that mess...

I'm trying to create an action to later use it with batch processor in order to modify more than 1000 pictures.

The action i'm trying to create should be something to transform a vertical picture (canvas size let's say 1000px W 1333px H) to an horizontal one keeping the same canvas size (only now its 1333 px H 1000 px W) but obviously keeping the picture still in its vertical form but fitting in that new canvas on top and bottom and finally painting in black the left and right parts of the canvas where there is no image in it.

What i'm trying to do is create a film with flash using all my pictures, the horizontal ones and the vertical ones so when a horizontal one will take the full screen, a vertical one will take the center of the screen and fill the left and the right parts of the screen with black. Exactly the same effect you get for example when you browse pictures with iphoto on full screen.

I've been trying lots of different techniques to do that but no way of getting an action which works for a batch...

Some guru here can drop a hint???

Thanks for your consideration!

I have 2 actions, one for vertical images and one for horizontal ones. However, Photoshop has a manner to resize images whichever is the canvas orrientation. It's not the batch editor. Let me see if I find it.

File/Scripts/Image Processor. This should work.

Mart :)

What sharpening action do you use now?

LR does have some sharpening, but I've never really cared for how it works. Much better to find an action you like, create a droplet and have LR run it automatically upon exporting the images.

Back