What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help to create this effect !!

arunonline

Sir,
I'm uploading an image.
Im a beginner in designing.
i will be greatful if anyone can tell how to create the effect in the attached image.
Tried alot but cudn't find a solution.

Waiting for valuable response ........

Attachments

• Colorful-Abstract-Cubes-Banners.png
    Colorful-Abstract-Cubes-Banners.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 12
This is a rather easy effect to create but it's fairly involved. I would suggest that you spend time watching and creating ALL of these video tutorials for practice! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Photoshop+infographics
Don't just watch these tutorials, do them.

I will give a basic run down of one way the effect can be created. I will not go into all the details, you will have to ask about specifics.

Create a background.
Create your banner. I added a layer style with a paper pattern overlay.
I also added a darker gradient on the right side.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.15.02 AM.png

Use your guidelines to create a grid.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.15.14 AM.png

Using the grid, create the Light Red squares.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.15.53 AM.png

The rest is about re-selecting squares and adding shading.

Shading for the dark squares.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.16.08 AM.png

Shading for the Light Red squares.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.16.46 AM.png

Drop shadows.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.17.07 AM.png

Finally a shadow for the banner.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.17.44 AM.png

And lastly, add the text.
Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.18.35 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.39.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-24 at 10.39.27 AM.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
This is a rather easy effect to create but it's fairly involved. I would suggest that you spend time watching and creating ALL of these video tutorials for practice! https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Photoshop+infographics
Don't just watch these tutorials, do them.

I will give a basic run down of one way the effect can be created. I will not go into all the details, you will have to ask about specifics.

Create a background.
Create your banner. I added a layer style with a paper pattern overlay.
I also added a darker gradient on the right side.
View attachment 82010

Use your guidelines to create a grid.
View attachment 82011

Using the grid, create the Light Red squares.
View attachment 82012

The rest is about re-selecting squares and adding shading.

Shading for the dark squares.
View attachment 82013

Shading for the Light Red squares.
View attachment 82014

Drop shadows.
View attachment 82015

Finally a shadow for the banner.
View attachment 82016

And lastly, add the text.
View attachment 82017

Sir,

Thank U 4 d response. This was my 2nd thread & u have been helpful in both. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Tried to do this aftr ur post. & im attaching the image which i have done. i guess i have done right. But, need ur rating.

To the steps:-

I didnt get the grid idea of yours. So, i skipped that.

Rather,
1) i used the rectangular marquee tool & draw the rectangle with darkish green color.
2) took d copy & give lightish green color.
3) took several copies of both & placed those in the way needed.

4) the next step was to give the shadow effect.
Actually i tried the option "drop shadow" in the layer style window. I was not successful with that.
So, what i did was:-

5) Used the pen tool & draw a triangle shape & filled it with black color.
6) then, i took the eraser tool with d "Soft Round" option & hardness 0% & erased the black triangle to the shape of the shadow needed.
& then placed it where needed.
6) took several copies of the black triangle & repeated the process above.

Done.

This was wht i did. Attached d image of my work. Actually it was so easy.

& thnk u 4 d Youtube link. :thumbsup: :perfect::perfect::hat-tip: Found lots of useful & interesting designs. Yes, i know i have to do & do & do to b perfect. 2 new designs per day is my target.

Expecting d supporting again .........

Wishing Happy New Year 2018 :fire:

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
I didnt get the grid idea of yours. So, i skipped that.
Not a good idea. Guidelines are one of the best assistants you can have while making infographics, you need to learn how to use them.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Photoshop+setting+up+guidelines

By not using guidelines, you have some pretty serious misalignment's throughout the entire image.
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.12.16 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.12.27 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.12.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.13.43 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.13.54 AM.png

If you don't understand something, please just ask and I will go into more detail to explain. Not a problem.

Let's look at the top row of you example in comparison to mine so that you might understand the importance of shading.
Which of the two simulates a crimped paper? Shading always adds simulated depth to the illusion.
Comparison_01.jpg

I think you have the right ideas about how to create this effect, you just need to work on your technique.

Consider that I also used a layer style with a pattern overlay to simulate the paper texture.

Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.38.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-12-30 at 8.38.59 AM.png

Consider that I also used a layer style with a pattern overlay to simulate the paper texture.

View attachment 82211
View attachment 82212
Sir,

i started to do following ur points.
I didnt complete the work. But, i want to know whether i have done correctly till now.
So, im attaching the image till i completed.
If its correct till now, then only i need to go forward.

Attachments

• Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
That looks much better.

For some reason your corners are not touching so there are still some alignment issues.
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 9.35.46 AM.png

Can you post a screenshot of how you are adding the light red squares to the red layer?

That looks much better.

For some reason your corners are not touching so there are still some alignment issues.
View attachment 82319

Can you post a screenshot of how you are adding the light red squares to the red layer?

Sir,
Before my last post, i too noticed the corners not touching. I tried some but was not successful. So, I thought i should forward the half done work & thought of continuing after your certification.

Now, im attaching the screenshots.

Dont know whats going wrong for me.

Attachments

• Photoshop Settings.jpg
    Photoshop Settings.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 0
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 0
So, I thought i should forward the half done work & thought of continuing after your certification.
No need for you to do this. You don't need my certification to continue your work. You can see the same things I see so there's no need to show your work here for any kind of approval.

As you should be able to see for yourself, several of your squares are out of alignment.....
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.05.47 AM.png

Now just to clarify, I would not use a grid (even though it should work) I use guidelines.

Are you using math to create the rectangle and squares? Let's try something different! Let's not use any grid or guidelines!

If I use a rectangle that is 1600px wide and 600px height.....
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.24.37 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.24.27 AM.png

.........then I need to figure out the smaller squares size. I know that I want 4 squares from top to bottom.

600px divided by 4 = 150px
So I need for my smaller squares to be 150px x 150px
I also know that I will need 10 squares.
Once you have one square just duplicate that square as many times as needed!
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.25.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.25.44 AM.png

Duplicate 3 more squares (Cmd/cntrl + J)
Align the first row........
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.34.41 AM.png

Select the two that need to be moved, use your Move Tool and and align them......
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.35.00 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.27.52 AM.png

Continue this until your done.

Perfect alignment!
Screen Shot 2018-01-10 at 8.40.20 AM.png

No need for you to do this. You don't need my certification to continue your work. You can see the same things I see so there's no need to show your work here for any kind of approval.

As you should be able to see for yourself, several of your squares are out of alignment.....
View attachment 82616

Now just to clarify, I would not use a grid (even though it should work) I use guidelines.

Are you using math to create the rectangle and squares? Let's try something different! Let's not use any grid or guidelines!

If I use a rectangle that is 1600px wide and 600px height.....
View attachment 82618
View attachment 82617

.........then I need to figure out the smaller squares size. I know that I want 4 squares from top to bottom.

600px divided by 4 = 150px
So I need for my smaller squares to be 150px x 150px
I also know that I will need 10 squares.
Once you have one square just duplicate that square as many times as needed!
View attachment 82619
View attachment 82620

Duplicate 3 more squares (Cmd/cntrl + J)
Align the first row........
View attachment 82621

Select the two that need to be moved, use your Move Tool and and align them......
View attachment 82622
View attachment 82623

Continue this until your done.

Perfect alignment!
View attachment 82624

Sir,

thnxxx for the valuable points.
i have done this fresh. Im attaching the screenshot image.
If its right, i will go to the remaining steps.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 0
If its right, i will go to the remaining steps.
I will repeat, you don't need my certification to continue your work. You can see the same things I see so there's no need to show your work here for any kind of approval.

Does it look good to you?

I will repeat, you don't need my certification to continue your work. You can see the same things I see so there's no need to show your work here for any kind of approval.

Does it look good to you?

Sorry for the delay. was little busy.

Sir, im just a beginner in photoshop. So, whats the point in doing works which are not done the way it should be. Thats why im asking whether i have done it correctly. & i dont have any other assistance. Thats why im here in this forum.
& i know its not perfect what i have done. But, have to try it again again inorder to be perfect.

Sir, im just a beginner in photoshop. So, whats the point in doing works which are not done the way it should be. Thats why im asking whether i have done it correctly. & i dont have any other assistance. Thats why im here in this forum.
I understand that you are a beginner. So the point is that we have gone over all the required information and techniques that you need to complete this info graphic to this step. You should now know what to look for at this stage. You no longer need me to show you if you have something off. You should be able to look at your own work and determine (based on what you've learned here) what if anything is incorrect. If everything looks right and aligned, then move on to the next step. If you have trouble with the next step, I will help you out.

i know its not perfect what i have done.
This is up to you. If you have closely inspected your work, done the best you can do, and your happy with the result, then you can move on. As I stated above, you have all the required information and techniques that you need to complete this info graphic to this step. If you see something that you want to change, then change it and make it right for you.

have to try it again again inorder to be perfect.
Your going to be disappointed. None of us are perfect. We just have to be happy with what we have created.

There is no right or wrong way to design, Arun. But there are the better and easier techniques which Sam is helping you with, which will get you better results.

When you're designing something, it's not like you have to follow a book of instructions. There are no guidelines. You design with what looks good to your eye. It's very subjective.

So like the issue with your grids not matching, it's not that you're doing something wrong. It's just that Symmetry looks good to the eye, unless of course you're trying to make some abstract design. And adding shading enhances it.

So do what looks good to you. If you feel it looks good, go ahead with it. After you've finished creating your design, you can share it on this forum for others to give their opinions and feedback.

Sam has already shown you a great way to accomplish what you're after. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

Have a good one!

Back