What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help turning fire into butterfly's

Dredwarhead

Completely new here and have been reading through the forum and learnt a ton already so thank you.

I need some help.. I'm looking to manipulate an image so fire becomes butterflies. I don't know where to start.

If I could get a tutorial or a step by step that would be great so I could learn and try it myself.ZVW4A3XMCI3TFPRWS66WH3B3PY.jpg

So from the image.. instead of fire engulfing him.. it would be butterfly's as in the fire turning into butterfly's.. like a particle effect I guess not sure though.

Is it possible?

Hello and welcome.

Take a look here:

Butterflies.

Birds.
More Birds.

These will put you on the right path in accomplishing your goal. You will have to make some modifications to the technique. The hardest part will be cloning out the fire in one of the effect layers to add a normal bg, I'm not going to do that for my demo below. You wont have to isolate/select the subject either.

It will look something like this.....except with butterflies and not leaves.

I duplicated the fire image.
I then added a solid color adj layer at the bottom of the layer stack.
I just filled in the BG (to the left) using the solid color adj layer and a layer mask on the first fire image layer.
I then added another layer mask to the second/duplicated fire image layer and used the Brush Tool to make the leaves.
Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.51.55 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 11.55.20 PM.png

Hello and welcome.

Take a look here:

Butterflies.

Birds.
More Birds.

These will put you on the right path in accomplishing your goal. You will have to make some modifications to the technique. The hardest part will be cloning out the fire in one of the effect layers to add a normal bg, I'm not going to do that for my demo below. You wont have to isolate/select the subject either.

It will look something like this.....except with butterflies and not leaves.

I duplicated the fire image.
I then added a solid color adj layer at the bottom of the layer stack.
I just filled in the BG (to the left) using the solid color adj layer and a layer mask on the first fire image layer.
I then added another layer mask to the second/duplicated fire image layer and used the Brush Tool to make the leaves.
View attachment 111436

View attachment 111437

Wow.. thank you, genius work there. I'll try it and update the post

Your welcome. If you have any questions, I will be happy to help. I'm never sure what new mwmbers might not understand and what needs further, more in depth explanation.

Back