What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With Bar Design

mooapo

Hi, how are you doing? I had went to a Site last night and came across a Bar that caught me eyes. I would very much like to design pretty much something close to it, but am having a hard time coming up with a starting point.

Below is the portion of the Bar:

Bar.png

As you can see it's a two level Bar.

1). Is the Top Level it's own Layer?
2). Is the Bottom Level it's own Layer?
3). Are the borders Drawn my Pencil or Line Tool?
4). Are they using a Gradient Up-Top and None on the Bottom, or both Top and Bottom has a Gradient?
5). On the Top-Level/Tier, that Yellow/Green Offset Glow, how would one get that same effect? Glow or Shadow?
6). I have both Photoshop and Illustrator. Witch would be best to design this project?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Hoogle

Guru
Ok this is a larger scale and slightly different colours and emboss effects but I would start it of with a black to grey gradient mode changed from solid to noise and reduce down to 35% for the line effect in the hue slider bars in gradient settings move the little white arrows on 2 to the left all the way to the black arrows to desaturate the colours from noise effect. and the 3rd arrow about halfway so it is the grey colour. Then paint a straight orange line on a new layer add an outer glow a bevel and a drop shadow or however to liking.
Untitled-1.png
and here is my psd for you to follow along with
View attachment Untitled-1.psd

rasoN

NO , NEVER USE BEWELL AND EMMBOSS!!! Thats so 2000. No offence towards the man before my post but that is so wrong and ugly.

This is only black-dark grey gradient background ,and a 1px line with a layer (the top one) of #lightyellow100%opacity>to>lightyellow0%opacity, and thats all. I will post a little tutorial tomorow. Don't ever use bewell and emboss , i say it again :) .