What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with fence color smoothing

Alex Gorton

Good Morning,

I work in a small print shop and we have a customer that wants us to clean up a few of his pictures (of fences). He basically wants us to get rid of the natural blemishes (mostly color-wise, not the knots in the wood).

The JPEG that I have attached shows what he is talking about. The vertical planks towards the right side are much darker (almost blackened comparatively).

I have tried using the dodge and burn tools among a few others, but to be honest, I am still very much a newbie when it comes to Photoshop. Does anyone have some suggestions on how I could fix this?

c-302T.jpg

iDad

Guru
I would take the left side of those boards copy and paste over the darker side then blend it in

Don't know if this is what are you aiming for, just used levels to make the image lighter and the mostly dodge midtones and shadows whit a low exposure while protect tones active.

00_fence_sample00.jpg

also, you can desaturate the image and apply a color overlay plus some dodge, again
until you get what you want.

there's some other methods but this will be my approach.

TerryC

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Friend
LOL......you guys crack me up. I need a new fence in my yard, so I'm thinking iDad's is the color I would choose.

iDad

Guru
Hey Terry I have a fence I can sell ya.LOL