What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with grid please

Outlye

I'm very new to Photoshop and I'd like to create a 'word search' style design as an element to a separate logo.
I'm also working in inches, not pixels, so I'm not too sure if that affects it at all.
I'm hoping someone can help me out soon, much appreciated.

MrToM

Guru
...I'm very new to Photoshop...
Not a problem...we all were once.

...and I'd like to create a 'word search' style design as an element to a separate logo...
With ya so far. :thumbsup:

...I'm also working in inches, not pixels, so I'm not too sure if that affects it at all...
Not if you've already started no, although it's more usual to work in px and output to linear dimensions but its not mandatory.

...I'm hoping someone can help me out soon, much appreciated...
Sure....but with what?

What is it you cannot do?
How far have you got?
Any progress images?

Regards.
MrToM.

Outlye

I need help creating a word search style look for the inner part of a design i have. i need the letters to be spaced equally and for them to look professional.

i have a progress photo here:

9u3WkWa.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MrToM

Guru
Ah right.....that's much clearer thank-you.

Ok...here's three options that first spring to mind:

1. Use a mono-spaced font.
This will keep the spacing of the letters constant and have the same effect as aligning them vertically...in columns.
Difficult to get the horizontal and vertical spacing the same but is quick and easy.
The font you want may not have a mono-spaced version.

2. Align each letter manually.
You'll need each letter on its own layer.
Use the 'Align' tools to space and align each letter.
You can use Guides to help you but the centre of a letter may not be constant.
Not as quick as the above but more accurate.

3. Tracking.
Each 'word' needs to be on its own layer.
Probably the most difficult to get right but again easy to do.
Adjust the 'Tracking' of each word to space the letters evenly.
Do this for each word so the letters are aligned.

Regards.
MrToM.

Last edited:

Outlye

Would you mind adding me on Skype, Tom? I can really tell you know what you're talking about and if you don't mind I'd like to learn from you personally. All, of course, if you have the time to help me here and there as I am new to Ps. Thanks for the reply and I'll try all three and see which I like best.

MrToM

Guru
...I can really tell you know what you're talking about and if you don't mind I'd like to learn from you personally...
If I had £1 for every PM I get saying that...... :rofl:

Sorry Outlye I don't do the Skype thang....I build all my own systems and do not include camera's or microphones.....they are 'working' PC's.

By all means keep asking questions in the forums....that way you'll get a much broader range of solutions from which to choose one that works for you.

This also means that the solution can be viewed by other members that may have a similar problem to yourself.

Regards.
MrToM.