What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my Save the Date.

qmcquackers

Hello all!

Got a question that I was hoping one of you PS gurus could help out with. My fiancee and I are recently engaged, and in an effort to save some cash, and produce a product that is our own, we are making our own Save the Date. Attached is an example I made, not the actual photo and text we are using.

We are attempting to place text over an image that has some significant color contrast. As you can see on the example, certain areas work well with the color of the text, and others not so much. We were wondering if there is some text effects that could be added to better enhance the text, while keeping a organic feel to it. We want the words to pop, but not add a 3D text effect or some such, which would look silly for the image and idea we're going for.

This might be a tough one, as the color of the text will remain the same, over a background that involves multiple different fall colors. We were wondering if there are some PS tricks that may allow pop, without making it gimicky and silly. Our idea is organic, earthy and basic. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

example.jpg

I've done a few save the date images I'll go back and see if I saved them and toss out the ideas

I think if the text were larger to begin with, it would look better. You can add a bevel and emboss and try that. You can change the color from black to something like the shadow color in the picture so it won't be so harsh. An additional drop shadow could also help to make the text contrast more.

Then if you copy the text lines once or twice, it will make the color deeper and brighter.

Back