What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resize image of me and Pyramids in Egypt

Paradise19

I'm too lazy to read all the texts... but if i understood correctly if you want to resize the image and still have the tree pyramids with you not looking too small, you need to crop yourself ajust the background then add yourself.

That way it would look like the pyramid are a little bit farther.

Yes that would be really nice. I really like this pic but don't want it in landscape mode. Can you please help me out?

This is what I came up with so far.

Attachments

• scalecomparison.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 2
  • scalecomparison2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 1

Argos

Guru
I just saw it was 1080x1350... resized and adjusted,

By the way, this are fast examples just to show, dont used in instagram they have bad selection and missing watches XD

4R6A3893ff.jpg

Paradise19

Ok............just so I'm understanding you.......you don't mind if the photos are "squeezed" as long as you can see all three of the pyramids?

I prefer the pyramids or myself not to be squeezed. Maybe what Argo suggested? Crop me out and make it look like I'm standing further back and have all 3 pyramids showing as if the photographer took the shot in portrait mode from a distance.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe what Argo suggested? Crop me out and make it look like I'm standing further back and have all 3 pyramids showing as if the photographer took the shot in portrait mode from a distance.
Yes, this is a great idea. Argos will explain the process for you.

Paradise19

Paradise19

With my english maybe is not so great idea :rofl:, i tought i explained in the first post :rofl::rofl:

I will try do XD.
With my english maybe is not so great idea :rofl:, i tought i explained in the first post :rofl::rofl:

I will try do XD.
Yes you did explain it and thank you for that. It's just that I don't know how to do all that. Maybe you or IamSam could give it a shot (if it's something that can be done quick). If not, then an explanation would be so greatly appreciated! :)

Argos

Guru
I dont know why the post dont let me add images now i have to attach them...

1-crop yourself (a)
2-invert image and crop the background (b)
3- resize the image to 1080x1350
4.-adjust the image to new resolution but mainting the proportions, it will have a blank space you need to fill cloning the sky, sand...you can choose(c)
5-add yourself to the new background and adjust size or location as you please (d,e)

Finish XD.

Attachments

• a.png
    a.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 3
  • b.png
    b.png
    544 KB · Views: 3
  • c.png
    c.png
    817.8 KB · Views: 3
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3
  • e.png
    e.png
    752.2 KB · Views: 3

Paradise19

I dont know why the post dont let me add images now i have to attach them...

1-crop yourself (a)
2-invert image and crop the background (b)
3- resize the image to 1080x1350
4.-adjust the image to new resolution but mainting the proportions, it will have a blank space you need to fill cloning the sky, sand...you can choose(c)
5-add yourself to the new background and adjust size or location as you please (d,e)

Finish XD.

Thank you very much for that detailed explanation! I will give it a try shortly and hope I can achieve what I'm looking for. I'll show you the end result. Again thank you and IamSam for all your time and help!

Argos

Guru
You're welcome, maybe it's not a simple process to do it right if you're a beginner at ps, but dont worry if when you finish you're not satified o cant do something i will help you to finish it.

Cheers!

Paradise19

You're welcome, maybe it's not a simple process to do it right if you're a beginner at ps, but dont worry if when you finish you're not satified o cant do something i will help you to finish it.

Cheers!

That means a lot to me! Thank you :) I am stuck on the first step still :( I selected me using quick selection tool. When I move myself, it doesn't cut me out of the picture like it shows in your examples. Can you please tell me how to do this? I really want to learn all this because i have a few more pictures that are like this so then I can fix those as well.

Paradise19

In order to make it 1080 x 1350, I found it easier to just replace the sky rather than cloning it.

View attachment 86452
That looks really good! Did you use the same method as Argos laid out? I've selected myself using quick selection but after moving myself to a new layer, it doesn't cut me out of the original pic. Can I ask how you replaced the sky rather than cloning it?

Argos

Guru
I think you are copying yourself instead of cut, but its the same, just invert the selection an copy it aswell then you have the background.

Paradise19

I think you are copying yourself instead of cut, but its the same, just invert the selection an copy it aswell then you have the background.
Okay I cut the picture out and then inverted the picture and this is what I get. Am I doing something wrong? And now how would I crop the background? I just want to say thanks again for taking time to help me out. It's great to meet people like you guys who are willing to teach and help.1523909006366.png