What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with restoration

Andrade Zezo

Hello there, I really dont know if this is the right topic, but here we go: I've been making a restoration of a photo for my grandmother, she still doesnt know it, but its a photo that is taught to be lost and I'm sure she will have a very pleasant surprise. I'm somewhat a begginer at photoshop, the photo is really OLD and of poor resulution, but i'm giving a try cause its the only one of her juventude. Here you are the original and the "fixed" one, if anyone can give a hand and try recolouring or etc, you have my eternal gratitude.
Vovó Wilma.jpg
and here the another one:
Vovó Wilma Refeita.jpg
Obs: her hair is black.

i've done this so far:
restore1.jpg
i'm not done yet so you can breathe a sigh of relief :p
it's proving a challenge i must admit

Whoa!

hahaha the hair is (I dont know to explain why) a bit strange, bit I really liked the way you colored the skin and the clothing was a big surprise. Thanks! ^^

i know the hair does look strange, i'm trying to find a way of re texturing it to make it a little less strange :p
wow not looking bad for 72! :O

and as for the skin, yeah i figured after a while, dark eyes dark hair, surely dark skin too :p i'll work on it :D

Belial,

Whoa, realy looks like the original photo when a little new, but... I still cant identify if that you erased was hair or shadow or both. will ask my aunt :p
Anyway... This seem a intersthing way to show photoshop skills when working with poor quality photos, altough this one is pretty simple.... Thanks, I will ask about that hair right now.

Belial, could you please restore that hair you removed from the picture? Everything else is fine, you did a really nice work with the colours... Probably you have a lot of another request to do but just say you are going to do it, please? ;) There's no hurry too, ok? Thanks :D:D:D

Nice one H i did think to colour it but i declined my thoughts at that time.
I also love this type of work.

I wouldnt bother there is to much rebuilding the picture I even got bored doing it as soon as you added colour it just made picture look worse I have 16 adjustment layers on here plus duplicate layers with blending modes and opacities. But give it a go if your patient this took over 30 mins to get it like this

Back