What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with vinyl plastic look created in photoshop!

levih

I can get halfway there, but there are steps that I am missing.

Here is what I am trying to achieve. Our old tech guys used to make our product images:

base_badgeholder.jpg

Here is what I have been able to come up with. The wireframe is created in Illustrator and then brought into photoshop, then added the Plastic Wrap filter. It still looks like crap comparatively though:

badge_holder.jpg

Any thoughts on what I could do? I guess maybe dodging and burning or something along those lines MIGHT work, but I was for sure it was a pretty automatic process they had down before.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hi levih,
Welcome to the forum. Not sure if this is even close but to give you an idea. I made a copy of image #1 and pasted it into image #2 as a new layer. Then I used the plastic wrap filter with the blend mode set to luminosity. This is what I got.
Plastic.JPG

levih

Hey thanks! I feel like that is a lot closer than I was getting. I didn't think of running the plastic wrap again over an image that already had run it. I'm going to mess with that for a while and see what I come up with.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Yep,Was not my intent for this to be your solution, just give you some food for thought. Your various blending modes will give different results but you can test them out in other combinations. Good luck with solving your issue.
Hey thanks! I feel like that is a lot closer than I was getting. I didn't think of running the plastic wrap again over an image that already had run it. I'm going to mess with that for a while and see what I come up with.