What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hains

Guys does anyone know how to manipulate this image

toooooo.PNG

To

toni.PNG

Please Help. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

Tom Mann

Guru
As a matter of curiosity, was the photo you posted taken at the Solar Decathlon in Irvine, CA in 2013?

This is not the same house, but is a photo that I took when I was attending the competition.

Tom M

Attachments

• tjm30-IMG_7790cr2-acr-ps01a_proFoto-01_sRGBnef-LR3-jpg_full_sized-02_698px.jpg
    tjm30-IMG_7790cr2-acr-ps01a_proFoto-01_sRGBnef-LR3-jpg_full_sized-02_698px.jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 25

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello hains and welcome to PSG.

What is your level of Photoshop experience?

To me, the glow of light above and outside the house looks hand-painted.

This is otherwise a pretty basic combination of images.

The layers palette shows everything, more or less. The lens flare is on a black-fill layer with the blending mode set to screen.

Attachments

• house.jpg
    house.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 0
  • greedo_house.jpg
    greedo_house.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 0
  • layers.jpg
    layers.jpg
    482.2 KB · Views: 0

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm thinking this overall effect is a bit more involved than one might expect. This is why I have asked about the OP's level of Ps experience.

This is my quick version which I'm willing to explain as soon as the OP responds. The colors are not close to the example, I just didn't have the time to be that exact.
NightHouse_01.jpg

As you can see, it involves 2 clipped Curves adjustment layers with layer masks, and at least 3 highlight layers 1 with a mask.
Tools involved where the Quick Selection tool, Clone Stamp Tool, Brush tool, and Gradient Tool.
Screen Shot 2016-09-24 at 11.23.19 PM.png

hains

I'm thinking this overall effect is a bit more involved than one might expect. This is why I have asked about the OP's level of Ps experience.
Am having 4 years of experience. I totally get what you have done in the image.. but is there a way to create those contrasts as of the former image?.. Thank you soo much for helping.

hains

As a matter of curiosity, was the photo you posted taken at the Solar Decathlon in Irvine, CA in 2013?

This is not the same house, but is a photo that I took when I was attending the competition.

Tom M
I got this image from an instagram page of tonimahfud

Tom Mann

Guru
I got this image from an instagram page of @tonimahfud
Ahh. Thank you. My guess is that it was at the same event. I'm pretty sure I took a photo of the exact same house on the same evening. What a weird coincidence.

BTW, at minimum, it is good professional practice to always cite the source(s) of images that you use when making derivative works like this, even if you are only doing so for training / educational purposes. How would you like it if someone used one of your best photos and didn't cite you?

Your glow above the house looks much more realistic than the original. Nicely done.

It's definitely an involved composite. There are so many different ways you could replicate the effects.

Agent

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Your glow above the house looks much more realistic than the original. Nicely done.
Thanks AM. But I think my efforts were for nothing. I'm no longer clear on what the OP is wanting.

hains said:
Am having 4 years of experience. I totally get what you have done in the image.. but is there a way to create those contrasts as of the former image?.. Thank you soo much for helping.
Your going to have to explain further as I have shown you how the contrast was accomplished using Curves Adjustment Layers. The overall coloration will be controlled by the Curves Adjustment Layers or additional color controlling adjustments.

I do understand that English may not be your native language and that we are just having a misunderstanding of terminology.