What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Specific Friend needs graphic - I failed :(

VanBCguy

Hello all;

I'm trying to create a graphic for a friend for his blog. I thought I could draw a ship, scan it and then easily convert it to a sillouette image, but...I was wrong. I'm no photoshop expert as I rarely use it, so I'm hoping someone here can edit this for me.

I'm looking to use only the left side (split directly down the middle of the mast/ship) and then duplicate that as the right and then convert it to sillouette the image. I tried to do it on photoshop and gimp (which I'm a little bit more familiar with), but I couldn't do it. It's far beyond my knowledge level.

SCAN00001024_1.jpg

JeffK

Guru
Is this what you wanted? Provided png below and link for svg (vector).
- Jeff
masted ship.png

VanBCguy

Another version (also available as svg)...
View attachment 120741

This is awesome! Is there a way to increase the resolution so I can do edits if needed? It saves as 29.6kb on my PC. if I'm not mistaken, the higher the resolution, the easier it is for a photo editing program to do edits. I'm hoping to keep one original file in a very high aspect ratio if that's possible.
You mention this is also available as an svg...I've read what they are but not what they do or are capable of doing. Is it possible to get both?

Thanks to all who contributed to this, especially you iLLuSioN. Many, many thanks folks.

[ iLLuSioN ]

Power User
I'm hoping to keep one original file in a very high aspect ratio if that's possible.
Sure...
Logo 02.1.png
You mention this is also available as an svg...I've read what they are but not what they do or are capable of doing. Is it possible to get both?
The SVG file is a vector file that you can enlarge as needed.

VanBCguy

An update and thanks again to you all.
Here's the final version for his blog. He's happy as a clam.

Thanks all!
Sure...
View attachment 120855

The SVG file is a vector file that you can enlarge as needed.

Thank you for that. I'll forward it to him in case he ever wants to get work done. I'm of the impression that a Vector file is the new standard to use for graphics.

Thanks again. He and I appreciate your help with this.