What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys need some help! please :)

seek

This is my '93 holden.pngHolden Commodore ( Australian car ). I was just hoping someone with a bit a free time and some photoshop skills could possibly paint the top half silver for me. I'm looking to get a new paint job soon. I just don't want to spend money on something that will look bad. SO if someone could give me a fair idea of how it will look, It will be GREATLY appreciated!

seek

Thanks mate, looks great. I'm from perth! How about you? Whats your opinion on the color choice as well mate? I just want to go for something different I guess.

Paul

Former Member
Yeah Perth here to, just out from Joondalup, you?
It would be ok with a better shade of blue and silver, graphite alloys would make all that pop mate.

Paul

Former Member
Slightly darker with the graphite wheels as a idea:)

seek

Haha sweet! I'm from Willetton, south of the river. I live sorta near carousel if your not sure where Willetton is. Feel free to toy around with different colours if you like. You might be able to persuade me in a different colour choice. Silver was a easy choice, because In most cases it blends in nicely with most colours. I really don't want to have to get a full respray. I got quoted 2.6k from half doors up.

Paul

Former Member
Bugger that mate, two/six for half a job, i need to change my job lol.
This your first car?

seek

Yeah it's ridiculous... Haha!
Nah had a few mate, most of them ended up in the scrap ( young and dumb ). So yeah I brought this car on a budget a year ago. Now that I'm on a good wage I'd like something to work on. The cars only just clicked over to 141000 yesterday. The paint is the biggest downfall with it. Common fault with the older model commodores, they all fade after quite a few years.

Paul

Former Member
I like the VT commodore wagon in white
11088416_3.jpg
sweet car.
I got a old nissan patrol petrol, she goes good.
How about blue on blue?

seek

Wow haha that vt is dumped hard... I love all commodores, I don't think I'd ever drive anything else lol. My dad has one of those, he has had it for quite a few years now. Yeah they are good cars. Probably not to my taste. It's very hard to get something that goes with that baby blue sort of colour on the bottom. I mean I could get it painted the same colour but where is the fun in that, If I'm paying 2.6k haha..

Paul

Former Member
Yeah theres some guy up this end got one all tricked out, the back arches are blown out that far, and the tyres are fats mate. Thats in a liquid gold colour with black windows and a set of black alloys, nice.
Theres more falcons up here than commodores, mind you theres more kiwis here lol i bet.

seek

Haha yeah that would have to be! That looks pretty crazy lol. Yeah haha that makes perfect sense lol!!

Try one more thing for me if you like?

Try this green on the top or as close as you can get it 2975723_1_full.jpg

Paul

Former Member
I did think of the green on top, looks ok.

seek

That doesn't look to bad! Can you change the rims back to the way they were? ( Last thing I promise ) ahah. Thanks again bud :)

Paul

Former Member
No worries mate, here you go now get to bed, up early in the morning:)

seek

I think thats it... That looks pretty damn awesome haha.. Thanks heaps for your help man, really appriciate it!

Paul

Former Member
Just come back when you spent your bucks and show us the real thing.