What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from a soon to be discarded DPR member

Milo'sBitch

I've been a member of Digital Phtography Review since April 2002, and sadly that forum is being discontinued by Amazon who bought it some years back. I expect that this forum will see the addition of new members from DPR's retouching forum.

In those days I think Photoshop 4 was the prevailing image software, I don't think it even included layers capability in those days. I hung out in the retouching forum knowing nothing about post, and perhaps within 5 years as a forum regular became adept at post and would regularly offer advice and retouching for new members.

I consider myself a highly adept at post and competently deploy PS with a variety of filters I use for different purposes. I use Bridge to sort my photos and ACR for much of the initial processing and conversion, however I use DXO Pure RAW 2 for noisy images - it does a remarkable job with noisy images.

Look forward to exploring and learning from Photoshop Gurus.

Irwin

p.s.: my screen name reflects the relationship between me and my little brown dog who passed a few years ago

.Milo.jpg

Hello Irwin and welcome to PSG! Looking forward to your participation here on the forum. Good luck and feel free to jump right in!

Hi Irwin,

What a lovely first post, introducing yourself.
Welcome to this forum. We could do with new members, enlivening and enriching us with their presence, their knowledge and skills.

Welcome.
I've also been a member of Dpreview since 2002 and am sad to see it depart. Even though I have 3600+ (verbose) posts there, lately my free time is happily spent here. Great bunch of people.
Bruce

I've been a member of Digital Phtography Review since April 2002, and sadly that forum is being discontinued by Amazon who bought it some years back. I expect that this forum will see the addition of new members from DPR's retouching forum.

In those days I think Photoshop 4 was the prevailing image software, I don't think it even included layers capability in those days. I hung out in the retouching forum knowing nothing about post, and perhaps within 5 years as a forum regular became adept at post and would regularly offer advice and retouching for new members.

I consider myself a highly adept at post and competently deploy PS with a variety of filters I use for different purposes. I use Bridge to sort my photos and ACR for much of the initial processing and conversion, however I use DXO Pure RAW 2 for noisy images - it does a remarkable job with noisy images.

Look forward to exploring and learning from Photoshop Gurus.

Irwin

p.s.: my screen name reflects the relationship between me and my little brown dog who passed a few years ago

.View attachment 136284

Hi @Milo'sBitch
You may feel discarded by DPR (I am a member there too) yet now you are a reborn Photoshop Guru here.
Welcome aboard
John Wheeler

Back