What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Lehigh Valley, PA

chelmarsie

Hi. I am new to Photoshop. I just started college for web design and we are using Photoshop so I am trying to learn that as well as take my classes for Dreamweaver, and homeschool my younger 2 children. I am a bit frustrated because I have the trial version for my laptop (windows), and we use a Mac at school. Anyway, I have an assignment to do and it involves creating a 1 pt. black stroke around an image. I found where it says "stroke" but it is either grayed out at top under 'edit', or down on the right 'add a layer style' I hit stroke and nothing changed on my photo. I have looked at the Help menu and tried what they said and still the image won't change. Please help! This assignment is due tonight (I wasn't able to get Photoshop to unzip and open on my computer all weekend which is why it took this long).
Thank you in advance for your help.
Penne

Flayme

Hope this helps...

Hi, sounds like you are very busy with college and kids!

It may be a very simple explanation to your assignment...the 1 pixel stroke may actually be there, but nearly impossible to see if the color is similar to the stroke (black on black or other dark color). I would try playing with the color to see.