What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm new here and need advise.

Dale002

I'm new and I'm looking into editing photos. Can anyone suggest a software that allows me to edit existing pictures allowing me to add or delete people,buildings and things?

Dale002

Um....Photoshop?

I'm an amature with no clue. I've seen many versions of photochop. Not sure if they will all do the same things and or quality. Please consider me as a novice.
I read through some of the posts here and there are many terms that i don't understand that may or may not mean or do what I want it to do.

LRG

I'm an amature with no clue. I've seen many versions of photochop. Not sure if they will all do the same things and or quality. Please consider me as a novice.
I read through some of the posts here and there are many terms that i don't understand that may or may not mean or do what I want it to do.

you must collect the knowledge on your own. without putting in many hours of practice(yeah, sometimes it can be frustrating) dont expect results. however, this forum is the best place to get some help when needed. start out with some basic description(tools, etc), the web is for you:)
or if you dont wanna go into ps that deep, just post your request and maybe someone will help you.

Dale002

you must collect the knowledge on your own. without putting in many hours of practice(yeah, sometimes it can be frustrating) don't expect results. however, this forum is the best place to get some help when needed. start out with some basic description(tools, etc), the web is for you:)
or if you don't wanna go into ps that deep, just post your request and maybe someone will help you.

I thought I was doing that. I was hoping someone here could guide me to a decent and truly a starter version of photo chop that will do what I want it to do. Right now I have nothing and don't want to waste my money buying something that will not do what I need it to do. I understand it will take many hours of practice and research as well as posting question here,but that will be later. I need a staring point.
I've google and there are so many different types and versions that it's overwhelming. Maybe this is the wrong forum for novice people and more for guys with experience. Is there one that you can recommend?

LRG

if you find ps too complex, lets try ps elements. it is a light version but to be honest ive never tried it so dont have any experience. maybe you will be satisfied with the capabilities of elements, depending on your tasks.
on the other way if you decide to jump into ps, try any version from CS3 to CS5 but i dont suggest you to use an older one. CS5 is definitely the best but you can learn the basics with other versions too.

ravikumar1607

Try GIMP it's free and it's easy to understand... start reading and doing some tutorials from gimp.org/tutorials and maybe when you get a hang of the terms and how things work, you could shift to Photoshop.

iDad

Guru
you can use PS for 30 days free, if you have time to do them all,within that time

Paul

Former Member
PhotoCHOP? what is that please, i smell a force i have not smelt for a week or two, oh i am on that bridge again...

nataloran

Just try if you really want it, I recall at start it is all chinese LOL but as soon as you understand the layers stuff, you can play a bit;-)

Lynda.com or youtube have nice tutorials for beginners or more;-)

You can have photoshop for free trial then you can have a student price or a monthly subscription, or gimp that is free ... Choice is all yours;-)

Dale002

if you find ps too complex, lets try ps elements. it is a light version but to be honest ive never tried it so dont have any experience. maybe you will be satisfied with the capabilities of elements, depending on your tasks.
on the other way if you decide to jump into ps, try any version from CS3 to CS5 but i dont suggest you to use an older one. CS5 is definitely the best but you can learn the basics with other versions too.

I haven't used any version of ps or any other,so I can say I find any of them complicated. Do all version allow the user to remove and add elements to a picture? If so,I would probably choose the cheapest for now and upgrade as I get educated.

nataloran

Clear??? Thought was Chopped :0