What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alex Agapov

Hello everyone, my name's Alex and I joined this forum to seek advice and learn the art of digital painting. I have some basic skills, but lack practice and could still use an expert's guidance here and there. The forums look neat so far, hope to have a great time here!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Alex and welcome to PSG. I myself am a fan of digital painting. It was the main reason I began using Photoshop.

Alex Agapov

Great to hear that! Hope we will exchange some useful experiences and learn together!
Do you have some of your works available for checking out? I'm very excited about discovering things created by other people, especially if I'm about to learn the art :)

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My background was in traditional painting. Unfortunately, I have not done many digital paintings. I'm used to doing things a certain way so I have developed habits that do not transfer into digital techniques. I have been practicing though. I was just playing with some hair techniques just the other day....
Screen Shot 2015-06-16 at 10.50.12 AM.png

I started a Tiger Cub digital painting awhile back but I abandoned it because I foolishly started with a very small canvas. I will see if I can find the thread.

Alex Agapov

I also started with "physical" art, but I never managed to get good with painting and I drew instead. Black pen is still the best for me; here are some of my drawings if you feel like looking :)
http://cotopult.deviantart.com/gallery/

Thanks for the link! The tiger looks nice and proportional, I wish you luck with completing it! You could stretch the image and draw over it, I think.

Edit: I scrolled down to the furry version. It's just great! Good job :) But re-drawing it all again must be a pain...

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I would just have to restart the project at a much larger size. I might start a new project soon so I can work on some newer techniques I've been playing with.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I had a look at your DA page. Great Work!

I really like 'Second Breakfast'. You really have a strong grasp on painting. The shading and highlights are fantastic. The colors a good...........I don't think you have much to worry about.

Alex Agapov

HUGE thanks, Sam! I mean it, your words really made me think better of what I'm doing right now :) I liked the "breakfast" piece myself, since it's the first painting I made that looks adequate and I didn't spend all day making it. There might be a couple of flaws but sometimes I prefer not to worry about that too much.

That's it. Now I will definitely keep practicing until I get better at this. Thank you again!

Alia05

Hello friend i am also new here.
From long time thinking about to join this forum.
I am also want to learn art of digital painting.

revnart

Power User
Hello :) and welcome to PSG :) have a nice time here.
Recently I bought a graphic tablet too, because I loved to draw.. but don't have enough time to learn using it more, I made maybe two or three images.

Alex Agapov

Cool! Hope we can learn together :) Do you have some place online where you store your works? Mine is here, feel free to come by!

revnart

Power User
I have one online:
portrait_revnart.jpg

made long time ago with borrowed wacom bamboo :p
Now I suppose I didn't draw anything even on paper since several years.. so outcome now would be.. bad :D

Alex Agapov

Wow, that's really good! The eye detail and shading are awesome. Let's just hope you will have some free time to keep training, I'd love to see more of your works!