What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hiring experienced BOOK COVER designer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Mennitti

Hello,
I need a price for a book cover please.

I self published the book at Xlibris[dot]com, it is also available on Amazon. If I can not post the photo of the current cover, it is titled "A Commoners Guide to Defeating the Aristocracy." My plan was to keep the same idea with "Second Edition" added, unless you have a better idea then feel free to show me your vision.

Spine width should be .355

facebook[dot]com/photo[dot]php?fbid=320418771310371&set=a.320414634644118.86755.100000267523517&type=3&theater

Contact me and I can email you the photo and text for the back cover.

Here are the requirements for the project:
Cover
• The cover file must consist of a front cover, spine, and back cover including the promo copy leaving 1.7 inches at the bottom blank.
• “Second Edition” must be on the front cover somewhere. • There must be .25 crop marks on the cover, and .125 bleed area allotted. The bleed area is the space that will be trimmed
off after the file has been printed. See attached mock up for how your file should be arranged. • Use the spine calculator to determine the spine width:
tatepublishing[dot]com/spineWidthCalc/novel html
• As you are arranging your cover file, take special care in noting that no text or imagery that is important should fall within .25 of the final trim line.
• Leave 1.7 inches of blank space at the bottom to leave room for us to add the Tate logo & barcode. • Select two BISAC categories from the website link and provide in the promo copy.
bisg[dot]org/what-we-do-0-91-bisac-subject-headings-list-business-and-economics[dot]php
• Submit an electronic promo copy in Word or Rich Text formats. • Submit the final file for printing as an Adobe PDF, high resolution (300 dpi), and in CMYK color mode. Do NOT
submit your cover in JPG, Word, Word Perfect, or any other format other than PDF.

Hoogle

Guru
I think it will be best if you name your price a book cover has way to many variables depending on the size of the publication (noit physical size but how many copies are planned to be sold etc.) Also will it be a silent designer or will they get credit for it printed on the book also a big factor in price.

I did a book cover a few weeks ago that paid $400 but have seen them being done for far less and far more. However work posted here does tend to be very good value and towards the lower end of budgets even for high quality professional work.

If you want to generate interest here then make a suggestive price on your budget you must have some kind of budgeting cost for artwork and then maybe that can be negotiated with the person you like the best submission from.

Phil Mennitti

Well $400 is way out of my budget, I'm a substitute school teacher. My new publisher has offered to re-create the existing cover for half that. If anyone is interested let me know.

ibclare

Queen Bee
HI Phil, Welcome to the forum. Thank you for considering our members to finish your job.

Please note that Hoogle said he did one for $400 and the range is very wide. We here at PSG have very reasonable, even can be considered low, rates with good results. Most of us do the work at these rates more because we like Photoshop and enjoy the experience or practice than because we think we'll make a living from it.

Our frequent process here is to have more than one freelancer post their intent or even samples of your job right here in this thread. You can choose from these. You might also choose to work with a member via PM or personal email.

Please respect our guidelines when it comes to working with a member from our forum. Our rules require that a freelancer have been a member for at least 30 days and have made at least 30 posts. And, they must post their intent in the thread.

We do this to protect the integrity of the work our forum offers. We at least have some idea of the integrity of the member and quality of their work when they have been here for a month or longer.

You may choose a willing freelancer who posts here by looking at their portfolio or questioning their experience and skill, in a PM I would presume.

Phil Mennitti

Anyone else submitting a design, please do so by Wednesday so I can make my decision. I have 2 nice concepts created so far, both were priced pretty good.
Thanks for your interest.

Phil Mennitti

BookCover6x9_4.jpgBookCover6x9_2.jpg f5designstudio did a great job. The chess cover completely captures the concept of the book. It's better than the original book cover I created. They are total professionals and outstanding to work with. A+

Status
Not open for further replies.