What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

House! *updated!*

MindFreak

*UPDATE* Now with shadows and perspective..

I've made a house using Photoshop!

I would like to show it to you:

http://www.deviantart.com/view/24366528/

It's not technically advanced or realistic, however, I wanted to create something that actually looked like something for once, so this is my creation:) hehe..

I made everything except the background and I only used a tutorial for the brick wall..

What do you think now?

Re: House!

Ummm, I don't think it's that great, but I'm willing to help you improve it.
First, the perspective isn't correct. For example you wouldn't see the top of the chimney and the left wall looks odd. I looks like you gave up when you got to the roof, because there's no texture at all to it. The sidewalk texture should be perspective transformed to look like it's lying flat. There is also a lack of shadows which make a big difference.
Tip: find a picture of a house or just go outside and look at your house, and notice the angles and perspective. That might help you alot.

It's a good beginning but the perspective and textures are off. Have you been taught about vanishing points and perspective? Basically you set up your horizon and select two points on the horizon toward which your parallel lines will converge. Look at any basic drawing text and you'll get the idea.

p?tr??k said:
Ummm, I don't think it's that great, but I'm willing to help you improve it.
First, the perspective isn't correct. For example you wouldn't see the top of the chimney and the left wall looks odd. I looks like you gave up when you got to the roof, because there's no texture at all to it. The sidewalk texture should be perspective transformed to look like it's lying flat. There is also a lack of shadows which make a big difference.
Tip: find a picture of a house or just go outside and look at your house, and notice the angles and perspective. That might help you alot.

Yeah.. the perspective was added in the last minute because it looked very strange..

About the roof; I couldn't find anything looking similar to a real roof - in Photoshop, that is.. I didn't know how to make a texture like that..

When I got to bed yesterday, I remembered that I hadn't put any shadows on the pic.. heh.. :)

I'll do some of what you said tomorrow..

It's getting there, but you still need to fix the perspectives, just like I said before. The textures also need help.

Back