What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

how 'bout a contest ?

ronmatt

Guru
Why don't we all design a CAR... All photoshop, no plug-ins, No 3d programs, no taking anything off the net and modifying it. Design it from scratch and show the progressions. The sketches, intermediate steps and final product. Should be fun and informative for many of us.
The winner get a big hoo-yah (as does the looser). Any players out there?

Alright! I'm in ronmatt! :D Except, are you proposing designing a car from srcatch....because I was using a real picture of one to base my illustration. \:] I think it would be neat though, to see the different results from the same picture, don't ya think.?...

I think designing a car from scratch, such as a concept car would be a better idea. Stirs creativity up. You could base it off of a classic car, but make it your own. Kind of like the new Dodge Charger. Inspired by the original, but holds it's own... Just my thoughts...

Yeah, I think designing a concept car would be fun too. I'm into it. It could start out as a manip too. Take a bunch of pics of cool cars and kinda combine and get ideas from them. Post your cars/ sketches/ concepts, then we could each come up with different designes and see whos da best. I'm not that proficient a drawing (by hand) so it's better for me to do manip in PS.
Anyway, that my idea, whata you guys think?
Should we each design and illustrate our own concepts, or design one together then each make the illustration in PS?
Should the pre-design be confined to just sketches, or photomanip?

the car

whatever we do or however we do it. we must all agree on a set of guidelines and then stick to them. I prefer the idea of a concept car from scratch because it shows creativity, technique and control of Photoshop.
Let's give this a few days to see if we get some input. Then draw up some rules and set some deadlines. Ya think?

Ok, ronmatt. Concept car it is. :D

rules is rules.

OK then. Looks like a few of us are gonna go for it. Subsequently, we'll need some rules or guidelines, and a time that this will end. I'm assuming that most of earn a living (somehow) so why don't we take a month to create. [ contest ends at midnight Aug. 12, ok?]
Simple rules;
1. No apps other than Photoshop allowed ( we'll know)
2. Progressive steps must be supplied EX. sketches, initial shapes used to start etc.
3. I think tires should be ok to copy. They're not creative. But no wheel covers.
4. Size as allowed by the forum.
5. No more than 1 entry. No revisions after entry is posted.
6. No 3rd party plug-ins to be used.

Just keep it honest. It's just for fun, and the HOO-RAH baby
and good luck to all. Judging should be made by ???any ideas?

a judging panel sounds like the way to go, I won't be entering, but I'll certainly check progress as this thread goes on.

an example of what I mean about progs

This is a redundant post. but it's an example of the "workups" I mentioned earlier.

Hey, nice draft, ronmatt. :\
However, I was planing on doing mine at an angle, rather than a straigt-on side view of the car. It'll be more of a challenge, but worth it. :D
BTW, would a manip be alright for a draft, then illustrate?

I'm not making the rules, only suggesting some. If anyone wants to offer a suggestion regarding them, have at it. I only suggest that there should be some parameters and not make it a free for all. You can't enter an apple pie contest with a chocolate cake. We just have to work that out. Everyone involved pitch in and majority rules.

Good luck with it, but I really don't feel like sitting behind my computer for very long during this hot summer. ;\

nevermind

Sorry, that could have been taken out of context. There was a previous post from someone who didn't think I should be allowed to enter this contest. I posted a reply that I would not participate if, for some reason it bothered someone (I don't know why it would) anyway, after I replied, ( I volunteered to judge it instead) the post was cancelled. so I just penned "nevermind".

RonMatt, I didn't see the post but "forget-about-it"...
We are all going to draw and paint up a storm, somes will look better then others "so what?"...
If somebody doesn't want to participate so-be-it....Hell I wish DaVinci was around...I'd out draw the marginally talented bum! lol B7
Bring'em on!

I'm clearing my screen and sharpening my...mouse?

Lasa

ROCK ON.!!!!!!!!!!!!!! one of my favorite sayings, I got from a book, many years ago, written by the German architect, Mies Van Der Rohe.
"EXNIHILONIHILFIT". It means 'from nothing-nothing comes'. [the perfect way to acheive nothing, is to do nothing]

I'll be happy to be a judge, if that's cool. I will tell you now though, that I really don't have a close association with anyone here, so I'm not biased. Unless someone secretly buys me a brand new mustang Gt. Then and only then, may I be slightly swayed. MAYBE. [shhh]

judges and more judges

Ricib,that's fine with me. Right now I'm waiting (not so patiently) for someone, anyone, to buy me a BMW Z roadster. Chances are we've both got a long wait.

Anyone wana buy me a Lotus Elise? :D Too bad I don't have my drivers licence yet. :(|
Anyway, I'm having some of that 'EXNIHILONIHILFIT' as far as this contest is going. Right now my time is booked. Our choir is performing at this years "Relay for Life" event, and we've been cramming to finish and tighten up our song that we're doing: 'This Little Light of Mine'.
Yes I know, your probably thinking of a little kid's song.....but Oh man, we've totally changed and jazzed up the whole thang. Maybe after it's over then I'll have some time to work on me car. [honesty]

Back