What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I merge two photos in one while keeping the same scale?

Woodsmith.ryan

Hello!

I am currently editing some photos of fruits and seeds. Both the fruits and the seeds are separate images, each one on a white background and with its own 1 cm scale bar. I would like to put them both into the same image while maintaining the scale and using only 1 scale bar. Is there a quick and easy way to do that? I am a photoshop noob. Thanks!

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Woodsmith.ryan

- I load first the image that has the largest cm scale in pixels
- Then load the other images with File > Place Embedded
- Cmd +T (Cntl + T on PC) and stretch the smaller scale to be the same as the underlying Layer. If you have the uppper layer blend set to difference and move the images so the scales are on top of each other, it becomes obvious when the upper layer is stretched to the correct size
- reposition the upper layer to where desired and if a large canvas is needed you can increase it specifically via Image > Canvas Size or what also should work is the use Image > Reveal All once repositioned
- Since the background is White, you can use Darken bend mode to see the elements from both Layers
- Merge to one Layer only if desired

Hope this gets you started
John Wheeler