What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can I replicate this text and shape effect?

JTCameron29

Hello,

I am trying to recreate this logo (or two) for a TV mock I am trying to create, however, I am unsure of how to create a glossy/shiny effect with the text 'GMTV' and 'today' similar to the original logo. I have attempted it so far by using various layer styles, such a pattern overlay, bevel and emboss etc. but I am unable to make it look anywhere near the original. The other thing I am trying to do is also get the sun in the 'GMTV' logo (yellow circle) look reflective and glossy too,similar to the text. I have placed a link for a video with the logos in use below, along with two images with the logos I am trying to recreate.

Many thanks,

J

gmtv_004.jpg

gmtv_012.jpg

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 20
  • gmtv0401f.jpg
    gmtv0401f.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 19

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello JT and welcome to PSG.

Please note that I have moved the thread to the appropriate forum.

As you stated, the shiny or glossy text is just a matter of finding the right input on a layer style. Experimentation required.

Here are just a couple of resources available for the text: https://www.google.com/#q=Photoshop+shiny+or+glossy+text+effects

The sun graphic is a different story, that we may be able to help with.

Let's see what you have come up with so far.