What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i bring out a color in photoshop

afam4eva

Maybe i got the tile of this thread wrong. Being the photoshop dummy that i am. Even though i've been using photoshop for over 5 years, this may be something that i may never get to learn. I hope i do actually.

I always find it difficult replicating what i see in other websites. Whener i try, it looks mediocre. That's why i joined this forum to learn from the Gurus and semi-gurus. here's my first question:

How exactly does one make a color more attractive and crispy. I check a lot of sites and noticed that the colors they use are lush and look like what you find in magazine covers. But mine are always dull and unnactractive. So, how do i get to make a color more attractive. Check the photo i uploaded. Something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• bright color.jpg
    bright color.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 16

Steve

Retired Administrator

hawkeye

Guru
Using LAB color mode is a good way to really boost colors. Unlike RGB, adjusting color channels is completely independent of the L channel (lightness).

Attachments

• ScreenShot001.jpg
    ScreenShot001.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 7
  • ScreenShot002.jpg
    ScreenShot002.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 7

afam4eva

Using LAB color mode is a good way to really boost colors. Unlike RGB, adjusting color channels is completely independent of the L channel (lightness).

This is one of the problems i'm having. I don't know what LAB color mode is and how to go about it.