What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i create this "aura" effect?

Rhino1616

Hi,

I saw this image with an aura around it on a website, and i would like to reproduce this effect on some of my images. To see the image: http://carolynamie.com/ , enter the site, skip intro, & hit contact. An image of girl shows up with a slight tint around her (I personally dont like the purplish tint). Can anyone help me reproduce this effect or point me to a tutorial that will help me achive this effect.

Thank you.

First you have to select the person around whom/ the thing around which you want your halo.
Then you Copy the selection to the clipboard (Ctrl+C), paste it (Ctrl+V) and deselect (Ctrl+D). It'll be opened on a separate layer that will be activated automatically.

Now at the bottom of the layers palette youpress the "F" icon on the left to open the effects for the layer. Choose OuterGlow, in the dialog choose the colour of your fancy and play a bit with the settings.

Finally you hit OK and merge the layers by pressing the little triangle up right of the layers palette and in the options choose flatten image.

Back