What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Do I Get a Grunge-Like Effect

justasiam

I need to do an effect to an existing image simular to what is done on this sweatshirt. Can somebody please tell me how? Or tell me what plugin to get?
unnamed.png

Hello and welcome.

Sorry I missed this thread.

Please describe what part of this effect you need help with. The colors? The circle? The text? The graphics?

GRUNGE EFFECT

Sorry for the late reply. I am talking about the edge of the inner circle that surrounds the orange, yellow and blue.

I am talking about the edge of the inner circle that surrounds the orange, yellow and blue.
Thanks!

As with all Ps techniques, there are many ways to accomplish things.

The grunge effect is, of course, created with grunge brushes. If you have any specific questions on those, take a look at the link I provided.

As for your question................the way I solved it was by adding a circular layer mask to a group to constrain everything to that circle.
The grunge brushes are different.
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 1.59.59 PM.png

Layers panel.
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 1.59.43 PM.png

I would place my text layer(s) (or graphics) in the same group or a sub group, above the color layers and below the grunge layer.
Note: you don't have to use a group at all, just use layer masks...........it's up to you.

The grunge effect on the text layer is added with yet another layer mask.
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.15.24 PM.png

Layers Panel
Screen Shot 2019-12-08 at 2.15.36 PM.png

So it seems to me that my easiest solution (not being a Photoshop expert) us a brush on a blank layer above the original image. Then mask the sprayed brush and cut it from the original image (seeing that transparency is important here so it can be used on various items).

Now to find the right brush

Great :thumbsup:!

Let us know if you need any more help.

Back