What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get rid of dark gray shadow under the object???

Jupemon

DSC02491.JPGDSC02491-edit.JPG
In the second pic, I have removed most of the background to a white background, but what is the method to remove the dark gray shadow underneath the buckle/band?? Can anyone help please?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

There are a few ways you could do it, but the most accurate would be to use the Pen Tool to complete the selection.

Jupemon

Thanks for your welcome and suggestion!

I am trying to look for a quick and fairly clean mask method to get through an assignment of 400-450 images.
Any advice on how to do this, as magic wand at any threshold is not working well?

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I am trying to look for a quick and fairly clean mask method to get through an assignment of 400-450 images.
Any advice on how to do this, as magic wand at any threshold is not working well?

Well, there is no button or technique that will allow you to do this without some work. If all your images are similar to the one you posted as an example, then order Pizza, thrown on a big pot of coffee, and get to work.

I would still use the Pen Tool........after about 20 images, you will be a champ with it! If your not interested in the Pen Tool, then try the Quick Selection Tool set to about 25 or 30 with it's brush set to 70% hardness.

Always use layer masks! You can then make small adjustments to the mask with the Brush Tool if needed.

Jupemon

Well, there is no button or technique that will allow you to do this without some work. If all your images are similar to the one you posted as an example, then order Pizza, thrown on a big pot of coffee, and get to work.

I would still use the Pen Tool........after about 20 images, you will be a champ with it! If your not interested in the Pen Tool, then try the Quick Selection Tool set to about 25 or 30 with it's brush set to 70% hardness.

Always use layer masks! You can then make small adjustments to the mask with the Brush Tool if needed.

Thanks for your encouragement and tips.
Been practicing and just need the coffee soon...:thumbsup:
See you around!