What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do i get this effect

afam4eva

I've seen this effect or whatever it's called on different website banners and i want to know how it's done. I'll also like to know what it's called in graphics(photoshop), so that i can also search for tutorials online. Thanks.

Attachments

• powebeffect.png
    powebeffect.png
    67 KB · Views: 19
gradient overlaying? you take a certain image, create a new layer, fill it with a gradient of your choice and set the blending mode to overlay or soft light ;)
or do you mean the circles?

create a new document approx 10 pixels by 10 pixels with a white or transparant and create your graphic or use a custom shape I believe this would be a custom vector shape in black and centered to the document. then go to edit > define pattern and call it pattern shape or whatever you like. YOu can then close that document and open the image you want to apply the effect to. Select the paint bucket tool and the layer you want to apply it to. on the top left of the screen you will see the paint bucket tool options and a foreground drop down box select that and change the mode to pattern. Just to the right of it there is a preview of the pattern with a drop down arrow, Click that and select your pattern you have just created and then click the paint bucket tool on the layer and it will fill the layer with the pattern. then go to as Zeealex says with the gradient over lay .

Back