What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I get this type of effect?

bizcochito

Looking at getting this faded/smooth vintage look.
I've been trying to figure it out myself for a few days, but can't quite get it right.Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 2.25.55 pm.png

Hello and welcome.

I guess it's my inability to find more information on these prints................I find them, but I can't see who's depicted in the print. It would be nice to know who they are and have the original image as a starting point. If possible, please provide the starting image for either of these garments.

Hello and welcome.

I guess it's my inability to find more information on these prints................I find them, but I can't see who's depicted in the print. It would be nice to know who they are and have the original image as a starting point. If possible, please provide the starting image for either of these garments.
hi and thanks for the welcome!
i have absolutely no idea what these original images would be unfortunately

Can you post your efforts? Such as the image you are starting with and what you have been trying?

I've been trying to figure it out myself for a few days, but can't quite get it right.
Can you post your efforts? Such as the image you are starting with and what you have been trying?
Nothing? I really would have liked to have seen what you came up with and what approach you have taken. This could be extremely helpful in providing possibilities or ruling them out!

I'm very interested in new effects such as this. I have tried but I don't think I'm getting the same results.
There are more defined grainy edges in the original examples.

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.08.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.27.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.41.28 PM.png

Close!
Screen Shot 2023-04-19 at 12.50.42 PM.png

Nothing? I really would have liked to have seen what you came up with and what approach you have taken. This could be extremely helpful in providing possibilities or ruling them out!

I'm very interested in new effects such as this. I have tried but I don't think I'm getting the same results.
There are more defined grainy edges in the original examples.

View attachment 136822

View attachment 136824

View attachment 136825

Close!
View attachment 136826
chotto matte!
ill send you what i have made a bit later today, but a lot of blurring, masks and gradient maps i have gotten something a tiny bit more like what im after but not quite there yet.

Back