What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do I punch up Neon colors?

Wetstuff

I seem to get just so far .. 'no farther?! Levels, brightness/contrast, vibrance, etc. Any further thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jim

capt_smith.JPG

punch up? Have you tried duplicating the layer you want "punchedup"? then put the top layer in overlay that might brighten that yellow green for you

Hue/saturation and select the green and/or yellow slider and add saturation/lightness. Does that help any?

I think I need to re-shoot the photo. Good thinking about doing an overlay - I worked with only one layer. I may actually shoot the Lime tape on black and then drop it on the diamond tread after. 9, I did the usual of trying lotsa combos of sliders - thinking a better base to work with may help. I post my update. Thanks.

Jim

Good luck and you are welcome.

... it's a little better.

vader.JPG

New photo - more layers and more more. It think the reality is that what the human eye see without the filter of Photoshop or an iMac. Cheers all.

Jim

go into LAB color space...
you can easily take any color beyond the gamet of your monitor and printer...

capt_smith copy.jpgThis isn't perfect but its what I think when you say punch up for color. Done with a hue/saturation ajustment layer and overlaid the black to make it darker. The green hue in the diamond plate can be gotten rid of with a layer mask or changing the blend mode on the adjustment layer. And I went a bit too far on blending the adjustment layer into the precededing layer, by the right edge. But just thought I would post a pic on what I was trying to say.

Thanks 9 & Trees... I've never looked into LAB before - I'll hit the books.

BBB-02.png

I was in one of the Buggy forums this morning and a new posting from a fellow in Belgium 'caught my eye'. Maybe I need to start with a brighter color to begin with? My colored tape is actually more bright at night as it is the prismatic effect of light reflection that makes it punch.

Jim

Back