What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do they do this?

Sanby

Power User
I don't see the effect you are looking for, could you be a bit more specific?

Is this the effect you want? http://www.pixelforge.web1000.com/artwork.htm mouseover the thumbnails and the top nav buttons. Is this what you want to achieve?

sAnby

G

Hi Phate and welcome to the board :perfect:

That's called "swapping". I'm not a HTML expert, but I've used this technique a couple of times in Dreamweaver.

In Dreamweaver it's called a behavior.

Just look in the behaviors windows and you'll find something like Swap Image, that is, if you have Dreamweaver of course ;)

Phate

swapping huh, thx i'll try that...but does it fade like that? it goes from bright when mouse is over and fades to black as mouse leaves.
the swap thing is easy its like rollover but how does it fade?
edit: coincidently both ppl who replied to my post are from Canada! i live in the T.O in case anyone was wondering....not that anyone should be wondering....unless of course they are stalking me.....
PS: these 3d smilies are going to take a while to get used to! ;\

THANKS FOR THE TIP

Hey Firebrand -- I read this thread with great interest, I went to dynamicdrive, need I say more: roll mouse over bottom photo. http://www.deliversuccess.com/logo.htm

It was fun to do and will come in handy in the future I think.

Sanby I like your site. ;) The designs are extremely professional...proud of you kid, are you available for adoption??? :p he he he i downloaded the pic of you, can I use it for "fodder" please???

Sanby

Power User
O yeah, sure no problem.

Thanks, nice to know someone ent to the site.

I'm not up for adoption right now lol, sry :rofl:

Sanby

Sanby said:
I'm not up for adoption right now lol, sry
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Wait until you find the temperature in in the winter in California is generally in the 80's and evenings drops to 70's. :p :p :p but then again, at your age, sloshing around in the snow is fun ;)

Yea I liked your site. :perfect:

Geoff

hey Sanby the site looks great, as Joy said, its really well organized and is very professional. im amazed at the 3D ring you made in your gallery! [stuned]

Sanby

Power User
Thanks Geoff. I kinda stumbled upon that as I was first learning Bryce. I think it's a great program. I was messing with the material editor for a while and I came up with that.

Sanby