What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you recreate a faded image effect?

Rhino1616

Hi,

I saw this image on a web page that looks quite ineterstesing, although Im not to sure how to recreate the effect. I tried taking an image and just changing it to grey scale, but i dont get the exact effect. The image is at site: http://www.instant-flash-resumes.com/pick.htm?PHPSESSID=fc08a0ab2452b592247e9a00069aa890 .Click the 3rd template under "Professional. The faded "hand with pen" in the background almost looks illuminated. I "think" its a simple effect, does anyone know how to recreate this effect with other images.

Thanks

Take target pic.
Add a Curves Adjustment Layer. Leave it alone for now.
On top of that, add an HSB Adjustment Layer. Bring Sat all the way down and maybe lighten it up a bit.
Go back to the Curves Adjustment Layer and manually tweak the contrast in the seperate RGB channels.
Maybe add an extra Layer above the target pic and paint out some of the background with white. Or maybe a light Gauss to the target pic.

See:
Brush Making
Intro to Curves.

Stroker?! [confused] I thought you got your title back? Why are you posting under -DMH??? [stuned]

Still haven't recovered my old nick and still stuck with -DMH. One of these days I'll either figure it out or Mark will switch over the mod status or something. Whatever happens, no harm in the meantime.

Back