What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do you remove the blue border around your work area...

fraga

I did it once, and can't seem to figure out how to do it again. Every picture I open, I see that blueish faint border around the picture. Like when you're viewing slices, but minus the number. I know you can turn it off by going to View and Extras (Ctrl + H), but I would like to not have to do that every friggin time. Anybody......anyone....

ctrl+h hides slices and any other extras. if there are any slices in your image this border will be around it by default.

or you can go to view-->show-->slices and that will get rid of them for good, until you select the slice tool, which will make them reappear

You might have the bounding box set to 'show'. Turn it off in the options menu after selecting the move tool.

Al

Okay, took a screenshot of this mysterious Blue Line. Now I know I can remove it by hitting (Ctrl + H), but is there a way so that it doesn't show up every time.

Edit: Okay for some reason, you can barely see that it's blue in the picture, but on my screen it's blue. Keep in mind, this isn't a serious issue, just something that's been bugging me.

I would try one of 2 things. For starters do you have a stroke around your pic? Perhaps in the layers effects pallette?

Cuz if you do, thats your problem, and all you need to do is disable that.
Second, I would try and select the image, and then contract the selection by 2 pixels, to see if that will rid the image of the border.

Here's my ultimatum: this is Obviously a slice border. The reason there are no numbers is because the Show Slice Numbers option is turned off in Edit-->Preferences-->Guides, Grid and Slices. The only reason this border will be turned on is:

1. Because you have the slice tool selected
2. Because View-->Show-->Slices is checked

If 2 is untrue, there is no reason that by default a document should open with that border, unless 1 is true. If it still happens, something is wrong with your Photoshop. This is not a usual behavior.

Edit: tranquil222, you got it man. The damn slices thing was checked under View and Show. I never new it could toggle through like 2 or 3 states. One state, there is a check mark by it, the second, there is a dot by it, and the third, there is nothing by it. Very nice indeed. :perfect:

;\ err right that was gonna be my next suggestion.....Have you tried checking your preferences? I dont know if it can be selected there to always show up, but it might be.....I personally never had this problem.....*thus the poor answers*

The difference between a bullet and a check mark is this:

A bullet shows that a certain item is hidden because you've hit ctrl+H, but that you have in all other instances opted to have them visible

A check mark means that the item is actually visible

The option called "Show Extras Options" at the bottom of "Show" is the list of elements that will be included when you toggle Hide/Show(CTRL+H). When you have them taken off of the Hide/Show list, they will have angled brackets around them.

Back