What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to achieve vintage look?

HDJoshPeck

I'm wondering how I can achieve this vintage T-Shirt look. It seems really simple but I can't figure it out. I'm trying to go for something like thisMigos1.png

It's like a cartoonish older style design here is the original image. rs-migos-3400aa17-c2b9-4ae9-8ba8-601cb23fb116.jpg
What would the steps be to make something like this?

Just looking at the image, I'd say it would involve cutting out the figures. This you could do simply with either a color selection on the white backgrond, or using the Magic Wand Tool, or Quick Selection. Then you'd use Offset to back-off your selection around the figures, giving you the white outline. Next, I would fiddle with Level and Curves, along with Hue and Saturation, until you got that visual washing affect that mankes things look vintage or retro. From there, just drop in your background of choice, applying some of the same principles. That's just a quick and dirty walkthrough. I hope it helps, if not, feel free to pick my brain. :)

Back